Founded in 1998, AWeber is one of the most established autoresponder tools. This popular email marketing service has powerful autoresponder features, and also offers a free plan that lets you send 3,000 emails per month to 500 subscribers.
You can send 3,000 emails per month to 500 subscribers, using the free AWeber plan. If you want to add more contacts or send more emails, then you’ll need to upgrade to the Pro plan, which starts at $16.50 per month when billed annually.
Meanwhile, MailerLite is a better choice if you have a larger list that you want to email weekly or less.
In this article, we’ll take you through some of the best free autoresponder tools, comparing their pros and cons.
Why You Need an Autoresponder Email Service
Most top email marketing companies offer auto-responders. However, if you’re just starting out then paying for email marketing can add a lot to your website building costs.
Are you looking for the best free autoresponder tools to start sending automated emails?
- The free plan limits you to 2,500 emails per month. If you reach that limit, then all your email campaigns and autoresponders will be paused automatically.
- The free plan only includes email support for the first 30 days. After that, the Mailchimp knowledge base documents will be your main source of support.
- The free plan adds the Mailchimp badge to your emails and signup forms, and there’s no option to remove the branding.
- You can’t schedule emails, create automated workflows, or add branching points to your email series, without upgrading to a paid plan. This is the major reason why we suggest you use one of our Mailchimp alternatives instead.
- Segmentation and dynamic content are premium features, making it difficult to create personalized email campaigns.
- Mailchimp’s customer support, pricing structure, and features are definitely not the best out there.
- Mailchimp’s automation tools aren’t as powerful as its competitors, which is a big problem if you’re mainly interested in using Mailchimp as an autoresponder.
Make Sure Your Emails Make It Through
- You can’t remove the HubSpot branding on the free plan, which can make your business seem less professional.
- The free plan limits you to 2,000 emails per month and 1,000,000 contacts.
- Advanced features like A/B split testing and email segmentation are only included in HubSpot’s higher-tiered paid plans. As your business grows, you may need to upgrade to a paid plan to get the most out of your email list.
Omnisend’s free plan allows 500 emails per month, up to 60 SMS, and 500 web push notifications. You can also add an unlimited number of contacts to your mailing lists.
Constant Contact’s Core plan starts at $9.99 per month. However, if you want to use the email automation features, you’ll need the Email Plus plan, which starts at $45 per month.
The best part is they offer support via phone agents, live chat, and Twitter. They also have a knowledge base and a support portal where you can get help from the community.
If you do add an autoresponder or email marketing service to your website, then you’ll want to make sure your emails arrive safely in the person’s inbox, and not in the spam folder.
You can then use an autoresponder to notify these people when your site goes live. This can get you extra visitors and create a buzz around your site’s launch.
For example, if you’re designing a coming soon page, then you might ask visitors to register their interest by typing in their email addresses.
- Automatically import the logos, brand colors, fonts, and images from your website, to create branded emails.
- Grow your email list with signup forms and landing pages.
- Monitor and analyze your campaigns with built-in reports and analytics.
- Mailchimp integrates with over 300 apps, including Canva, LiveChat, Help Scout, Stripe, and more.
- Built-in drag-and-drop templates that are easy to set up and customize.
The good news is that you don’t need to wait until your site starts making money. There are lots of free autoresponders that you can use to grow your email list.
Need to send more than 300 emails a day? Then you’ll have to upgrade to one of their paid plans, which start at $25 per month.
We hope this article helped you learn about the best free autoresponder tools. You may also like our guide on how to create automated workflows in WordPress, and our comparison of the best business phone services for small businesses.
For that reason, we don’t recommend Mailchimp anymore since there are better solutions available in the market, but we cannot create a list of the best autoresponders without including Mailchimp due to the platform’s sheer popularity.
- AWeber’s free plan includes all the features you’d expect from a premium plan, including a drag-and-drop editor, hundreds of templates, and access to thousands of professional stock images.
- Easily add AWeber to your WordPress website using the AWeber WordPress plugin. If you need help, then please see our guide on how to install a WordPress plugin.
- Ready-made landing page templates, so you can create high-converting landing pages for your email campaigns.
- AWeber has powerful automation and segmentation tools. This allows you to create some very detailed autoresponder series.
- Integrates with lots of other services, including OptinMonster, Unbounce, Elegant Themes, and more.
- If you’re selling online, then AWeber integrates with all the top eCommerce solutions including Easy Digital Downloads, WooCommerce, Etsy, and more.
- While on the free plan, you can access all the support materials including master class sessions and live webinars.
- AWeber regularly brings out new features that all customers can access, including people on the free plan.
- Allow subscribers to fill out forms, purchase products, book meetings, and more without leaving their inboxes, with the AMP interactive email feature.
- Send web push notifications to people who’ve opted into receiving them.
- 24/7 customer support.
Non-Profits and Community Organizations
- The free plan doesn’t include any special email templates. However, the drag-and-drop builder has a simple default template with space for a logo, header, image, and other important content.
- If your list grows beyond 1,000 people, then you’ll need to upgrade to a paid plan.
- Your emails will all have the MailerLite logo, which can hurt your brand image.
- Although the paid plans have 24/7 support, the free plan only includes Monday-Friday email support.
- Constant Contact’s free trial lasts a generous 60 days. That gives you two months to build up your email list and start making money online blogging with WordPress.
- You can sign up for the free trial without entering your credit card details, so you won’t be charged unless you actively choose to continue using Constant Contact.
- It’s quick and easy to create an account. Simply click a few options and Constant Contact will show some helpful resources based on your answers.
- If you already have a WordPress website, then Constant Contact can create a unique branded email template. Just enter your website’s URL and Constant Contact will create a template using the colors, images, and logos from your website.
- Pick from over a hundred ready-made email templates.
- The drag-and-drop interface is really easy to use. This is especially helpful if you’re new to email marketing.
- The Constant Contact support team is easy to reach through live chat software, phone, and email.
- They also have a library of resources and online training. If you’re in the United States, then you can even go to their in-person live seminars.
You can use this free plugin to create automated emails and SMS campaigns to help you recover abandoned shopping carts, nurture leads, send automated coupons, and more.
Another option is to use a stand-alone autoresponder. With the right autoresponder, you can create advanced workflows that automatically send the right email to the right person, at the right time.
If you want to send more emails, SMS, or web notifications then you’ll need to upgrade to the Standard plan ($16 per month) or Pro plan ($59 per month).
5. FunnelKit Automations
When it comes to autoresponder features, Mailchimp is quite limited when compared to other providers in our list.
Paid plans start at $45/month when paid annually.
If you’re a non-profit or community organization, then you’ll probably want an autoresponder and email marketing tool that’s completely free.
MailerLite has become a popular autoresponder tool over the past few years. They have a generous free plan and lots of great features.
With that in mind, let’s look at some of the best free autoresponder tools to help you get started no matter what your budget.
1. Constant Contact
Meanwhile, if you’re an established business with a bigger budget, then we highly recommend looking at Omnisend or Drip.
Run an online store on WooCommerce? Then FunnelKit Marketing Automation Engine & CRM has the pre-built automations, triggers, and actions you need to create powerful eCommerce autoresponders.
They offer advanced segmentation and powerful automation, but we didn’t include them in our list above because they don’t have a free option.
If you’re looking for an autoresponder that works across multiple channels, then Omnisend offers powerful SMS, email marketing, and web push notification features.
- The free plan includes a CRM that creates a contact record for each subscriber. You can use this information to create personalized email campaigns that feature the most relevant subject lines, links, attachments, and content.
- HubSpot’s free plan includes many tools that can complement your email marketing. This includes a form builder, live chat, ad management, and more.
- The email editor has an intuitive drag-and-drop interface that lets you easily create a call to action, add images, and customize the email to match your own branding.
- Schedule emails so they arrive in the subscriber’s inbox at the best time, regardless of time zone differences.
- Optimize your emails for different devices.
- HubSpot has a selection of goal-based templates that you can choose from, or you can build your emails entirely from scratch.
- Analyze your campaigns using HubSpot’s email analytics tool.
- Integrates with Uncanny Automator, which is one of the best marketing automation tools for small businesses. You can use Uncanny Automator to automatically add visitors, customers, and event attendees to your HubSpot mailing lists.
With that being said, it’s a particularly good choice for online marketplaces, stores, and anyone who sells digital downloads or physical products online.
- All of the marketing automation features are included in the free plan.
- Use an unlimited number of triggers in your automation workflows.
- Personalize your autoresponders with dynamic content.
- Create powerful custom workflows using the drag-and-drop Automation Editor.
- Pre-built automations that you can use to welcome new signups.
- Unlimited segmentation. If you run an eCommerce site, then Omnisend can even segment users based on the different stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Sales and performance reports so you can continuously review and refine your autoresponders. This includes open, click, deliverability rates, and revenue data for each autoresponder.
- 24/7 email and live chat support.
- All emails sent from a free plan have Sendinblue’s branding, which can make your campaigns look less professional. The paid Starter plan also has the Sendinblue branding, but you can remove it by purchasing a $9 per month addon.
- Although the marketing automation tools are included in the free plan, these tools are limited to 2000 contacts on both the free and Starter plans. This can make it difficult to grow your email list.
- The free plan has a 300 emails per day limit. This might seem like a lot when you’re just starting out, but you can hit this limit surprisingly fast. With that in mind, you shouldn’t choose Sendinblue simply because they offer a free-forever plan.
Here, a good SMTP service provider can improve your email deliverability. You can also use WP Mail SMTP to configure your WordPress emails to ensure they are sent correctly.
Note: We have tried all the top major email autoresponder software including many that are not in our email platform lists above such as ActiveCampaign, GetResponse, Ontraport, Mailjet, Campaign Monitor, InfusionSoft (now Keap), Klaviyo, Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot by Salesforce, Sendloop, iContact, Emma, TotalSend, SharpSpring, MailPoet, and more.
If you liked this article, then please subscribe to our YouTube Channel for WordPress video tutorials. You can also find us on Twitter and Facebook.